Southplace City Center Planned With 4,400 Residential Units, BRT Connection
The owner of the Southland Mall has announced plans for a $1b redevelopment known as Southplace City Center.
Southplace City Center is planned to include:
- 4,395 new market-rate apartments
- 60,000 square feet of medical office space
- 150-key hotel
- new specialty grocer
- over 500,000 square feet of curated retail, and dining and entertaining venues at the renovated Southland Mall
- a series of man-made lakes and open spaces
- a terraced community amphitheater/bandshell
- a pedestrian bridge connecting the community to the new bus rapid transit stop
The entire community will feature bike and golf cart paths, pedestrian walking trails, and trolley stops to minimize the use of cars.
Ground-breaking on the first residential building is expected in mid-2023 and would deliver in approximately 18 months (early 2025), with rents starting at $2,500.
Preliminary plans were filed with the Town of Cutler Bay this week.
The project design team for Southplace City Center includes economic advisors Florida Economic Advisors, retail consultants CPH, master planner/designer MSA Architects Inc., landscape planner Insite Studio and civil/traffic engineer Kimley Horn.
Electra America, BH Group, and American Landmark Apartments are the developers.